The deadline for 2020 WFS Industry Awards applications shut on 18 October, with candidates put forward from all over the world.
In total, we have vetted and approved 80 candidatures from 31 countries that have met the criteria of our nine #WFSIA categories.
Out of those 80 now under consideration, 31 per cent were put forward from corporate backgrounds, 26% from clubs, 23% were NGOs and foundations, 13% from leagues, and 7% were federations and institutions.
We will announce three finalists for each category on 12 November, with the winners joining our Hall of Fame revealed four days later on 16 November.
Our 2020 victors will then have the chance to be interviewed on our digital stage in a 20-minute session that will be part of the WFS Live Conference Programme.
Those interviews will take place virtually at WFS Live on Friday, 27 November.
This year saw four new categories added: Best Digital Platform and Outstanding Innovation Initiative, as well as our most recent additions that celebrate the performances of players since football’s return; Best Male Player and Best Female Player.
Our full WFS Industry Awards categories read as follows:
– Best Executive presented by Nolan Partners
– Best Supplier presented by SportstechX
– Football for Good presented by Common Goal
– Best Venue presented by Mondo Stadia
– Best Club Commercial Initiative presented by McCann
– Best Women’s Football Initiative presented by Women in Football Football
– Best Internationalisation Strategy presented by Deloitte
– Best Digital Platform presented by Seven League
– Outstanding Innovation Initiative presented by N3XT Sports
– Best Male Player presented by AS
– Best Female Player presented by AS